Saturday 2 February 2013

OmniTip #2: Confidence

I am a hermit. For years I was socially unstable at best. Some would call it what it is: ineptitude. I never felt very smart, very talented, very pretty, or in any way significant. I was a blight on global productivity. Just taking up a vacancy someone else could fill.

Before: Oh, bother.

What I didn't know is that somewhere along the line I tripped up and headed for that downward spiral, not knowing it was so easy to combat that and change who I was. Flash forward a decade: I now have a Bachelor's Degree (I never thought I was made of university material), I have lost 20 pounds, I am healthier, and I am feeling successful in my day career and my evening job.

After: I'm a fucking tiger.
I could ramble about how I got here, or I could let Amy Cuddy, scientist extraordinaire and my savior, say it. Reserve twenty minutes of your day and benefit for life.



No comments:

Post a Comment