Saturday 2 February 2013

Saturday Evening Spanking: Liz Adams

Next I want to introduce a recent inspiration of mine. Liz Adams is relatively new to the scene, and although she's just started the race, she's rocketed ahead and earned herself a few titles. Here's a little bit about her:
Liz Adams, author of the erotic fairy tale Alice’s Sexual Discovery in a Wonderful Land, lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Her short story Amy “Red” Riding’s Hood, an erotic version of Red Riding Hood, is an Amazon bestseller and winner of Goodreads’ Book of the Month for October 2012. Her other short story Hansel and Gretel with the Sexual Hunter is also a bestseller on Amazon. Liz studied music and creative writing at UCLA and worked as a freelance model before making her writing her career. In her spare time she cuddles with her husband on the couch to watch her favorite shows and often they work together doing research for her books. Feel free to contact Liz through Facebook.



So, Mrs. Adams, who are you as a person?
My upper being is love and hugs, my lower being is peaches and cream.
What a sweet euphemism. How about who are you as a writer? 
I’m passionate about my writing. When I envision emotional interactions between my characters, I want to capture that emotion and share it with others. Whether the scene brings on laughter, pain, love, worry, or desire, I hope to capture it all. When I’m highly passionate, I’m a one-handed typist. *wink*
That's how writer's know they're doing it right! Tell us, what are some of your biggest passions?
Chocolate.
You and I must have been made to be friends. Speaking of indulgences, what weight does writing have on your life?
I am happy to say that writing is my career. My husband has been very lovely about supporting my dream, and even though my words don’t bring in much money, the joy has been beyond what I imagined.
Oh, to be living the life! So what kind of writer do you see yourself as?
I see myself as someone who is always studying the craft of writing, trying to navigate my way along this journey. Writing has been a constant discovery, learning new techniques that will move the reader. It’s like touching every inch of a man’s body for the first time, mapping him to memory.
Whoa-ho, answering a question and showing us how you do it. Pray tell, what's one book you would recommend everyone should read at least once is:
One book I recommend every author to read is No Plot? No problem by Chris Baty, founder of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). His book helped me get quite a few rough drafts of novellas done within a month. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him since he lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. A very funny guy!
Well, you're an avid reader and socializer, it seems. I guess writing has changed you as a person, then?
Writing erotica has changed the relationship my husband and I share. Having read and edited my stories, he’s been much more doting on me than before. I think maybe my writing gave him insight on the way I like to be treated. He’s also been much more experimental with me in bed. And in the kitchen. And on the plane…
Sky and land? Next you'll have to experiment in 0G. What are your hopes and dreams?
For my readers to come to my books for the sex, and finish reading with an epiphany that changes their way of thinking.
Liz, the more we go on, the more you woo me. Do you have a particular set of rules for yourself when it comes to writing?
Too long to list. Most of my rules are little things like getting rid of any unnecessary smiles my characters have. Some big questions I go over for each scene are, Has the scene moved the story forward? Has the scene advanced the characters? Has the scene advanced the relationship between the characters? Can I cut the scene and still have the story make sense?
What's the best advice you've ever been given? 
If you’re wondering what to do with your life career consider these four things. What are you good at? What are you passionate about? What is in high demand? And of those careers you just came up with, which is needed most by your friends? Find the career that fits all four questions and that’s the dream you should be following.
How considerate! And what is your philosophy? 
Eat chocolate.
Aristotle, eat your heart out. Especially if it's made of chocolate. Well, after all that chocolate indulging, what can we expect to see from you in the future? 
I’ll be releasing a few short stories, soon. One is a werewolf Christmas story, where a woman learns to love herself as much as others. Another is a story of being groped at an airport by a man who helps the woman face the boundaries of her comfort zone. Another is an erotic version of Goldilocks, where Goldie is a professional thief robbing a mansion until the three men return. And the last story is a novella, where Wonder Woman’s daughter is a foreign exchange student in Russia and learns more than her abilities can tolerate at the University.
Wonder Woman's daughter? Phew, I can just hear that Lasso of Truth taming those Russians. Well, Liz, I have to know: If you were a sex toy, what would you be? 
I’d be a condom. I’d love my man to unwrap me, guide my lips onto his tip and down, down, down to his base. And I would be there for him as he reaches his final moment of bliss, filling me with his pleasure.
Whoa, safe and sexy. I got asked a similar question at an interview once--if you were a manhole, what shape would you be and why?
Too late! I already am! (ahaha!) But my husband says when he looks at me it’s not my shape he sees. He says I mean much more to him than that.
Manholes run deep into interconnecting tunnels, after all. I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere. How about being a supernatural creature? 
I love these questions! I’d be a shape-shifter. If I were a shape-shifter, I could be a chair and listen in to sinful secrets being shared in the room. I could be a wolf and run with the other wolves, leaping and howling into the night. I could be a shirt in Italy being hand-washed by a full-breasted woman, kneading my shoulders, rubbing my stains, caressing and squeezing and wringing me until I’m squealing. Is that crazy? Lol!
We all need a little Italy from time to time, it's true.

Liz has three books out to date, the latest of which has hit Amazon best seller charts! They are:

Alice’s Sexual Discovery in a Wonderful Land – An erotic version of Alice in Wonderland. I had a spanking good time writing this story. I had the chance to really use as much humor as I wanted. http://bit.ly/AlicesSexualDiscovery

Amy “Red” Riding’s Hood – An erotic version of Red Riding Hood. This was my first serious romance. I was inspired by the African-American’s struggle for civil rights in the 1960’s.

Hansel and Gretel with the Sexual Hunter – An erotic version of Hansel and Gretel. This is my latest release. I just had a lot of fun writing raw sex with this story. No redeeming qualities, whatsoever. Lol!


Let's take a look at Hansel and Gretel, shall we? Here we have a saucy book trailer to tempt the senses and ensnare the prey. Take a look at this minute-long glimpse!


Excerpt from Hansel and Gretel with the Sexual Hunter

She had thought she could take care of herself in the cab before arriving, but that was not the case. Hansel would just have to help her out, then.

She quickly buzzed his room from the front door of the apartment building.

“Yes?” His voice sounded more nasal than usual. Probably the effects of the intercom.

“I need you inside of me. Now.”

There was some silence. Then, “Who is this?”

Shit! She hung up the phone and quickly found the right buzzer button.

“Hello?”

“This Hansel?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m hot and need you inside of me.”

“You can’t be here. My fiancée is on her way.”

She laughed. The door buzzed and she was able to open it.

She got on the elevator and pressed for the fourth floor. As the elevator climbed, she set her purse down on the floor, pulled her arms out from the sleeves of her red dress, scooched the dress down to her belly, and took off her bra.

The elevator slowed. Why was it slowing down? The elevator was supposed to go to the fourth floor, not the second.

Maybe someone else was getting on.

Gretel quickly put her arms back through the dress sleeves, and adjusted her breasts inside the dress as the elevator doors began to open. She picked up her purse and rushed her hands behind her back to hide her bra.

A short nerdy-looking guy wearing glasses got on. He seemed preoccupied with his thoughts.

As the elevator continued its ascent, he suddenly looked confused.

“We’re going up?” he said.

“Yes.”

“So, did you just come from downstairs?”

“Yes. I’m here to see my fiancée.”

“Oh.” He paused before saying, “Did you see another woman down there at the front door?”

Gretel’s face suddenly burned hot. Her scalp itched silly as she realized this man was the one she accidentally buzzed.

“Uh…I think so.”

Thankfully, the elevator doors opened.

“Okay. Thanks.” He suddenly looked distracted by something on the floor. “You dropped…uh…something.”

Gretel looked down and saw her bra lying there. “Oh. Thanks!” She scooped it up quickly and scratched her itching head.

She made her way to Hansel’s room and knocked on the door.

Her luscious man answered wearing only a towel around his waist.

“Housekeeping,” she said. “I’m here to collect your used towels.”

“You can start with this one.” He yanked off his towel and threw it in her face.

She giggled as she caught it.

One thing Liz Adams always delivers in her writing is some humor. Why not have a laugh or two while indulging in a little fantasy?

I hope to see much more of Liz in the future. You've certainly inspired me to strive for the stars. Thanks again for stopping by to share, Mistress of Spankings! Enjoy the chocolate in the mile high club!

You can find Liz Adams on Amazon, Amazon UK, and Goodreads. Don't forget, she can be found for comment on Facebook as well!

I don't know why, but I associate you with spanking, specifically. So let's leave on this note.


No comments:

Post a Comment